KBC is currently seeking a Development Manager to join our industrial team in Dallas, TX. This position will be involved in all aspects of the development process including site viability/due diligence, entitlement, budgeting, design, financing, marketing, construction, and occupancy. Our ideal candidate will have strong industrial development and construction experience, possess efficient time management skills and the ability to multi-task across numerous projects.
· Provide pre-development construction cost estimates, and schedules, for prospective projects.
· Coordinate consultant and contractor solicitation, evaluation, and selection.
· Interface with Architects, contractors, consultants, city/county officials and other government entities, economic development professionals, as well as customers and brokers.
· Refine development budgets, schedules, and market assumptions for internal underwriting
· Finalize pricing/bids into schedule of values as basis for contract amount, and review/finalize construction contracts
· Work with City to expedite permitting & maintain relationship throughout construction process
· Manage project team& their contracts including Civil Engineer, Environmental, Geotech, Architect, Structural, Landscape, GC Pre-Construction Manager and General Contractor
· Management of the construction process & schedule start to finish including attending weekly job meetings and monitoring job progress
· Review and approve monthly invoices from consultants and vendors
· Oversee project budgets and assist in completing monthly bank draws as necessary
· Supervise the assembly of information for Appraiser and Lender including completing post-closing issues as required
· Assist in the development and submittal of Lease and Build-to-Suit proposals
· Supervise the assembly of property information to be sent to Purchasers, including analysis of property inspection reports and assisting property management in making repairs to property as needed
Required Skills/ Abilities
· Ability to work independently, multi-task, and self-manage deadline expectations across a project team
· Proficiency in MSOffice software applications, Adobe or Bluebeam, Salesforce
Education And Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred; specifically, in Construction Management, Engineering, Real Estate Development or related field.
· Minimum of 6-10years of project development, management and construction experience